JAPANESE WORK IN PROGRESS - get ‘em dipped!

So, Lockdown didn’t give me as much time as I had thought. Lack of energy and increase in workload. Anyway. I wanted to get my Japanese done, so I could give my Chindits, Gurkhas and Punjabis a run out.

I turned to the old can of army dipper. Sprayed the figs desert yellow, and applied the base layers of foundry and Black Cat trio paints to flesh, weapons, gaiters and webbing. Then highlights to all of those, and uniforms.

Then, the dip. Good grief they look bad when it goes on! Better when dried, though.

The real revelation came when the Matt varnish went on. Well, here is a photo showing the results.


The figures on the left, with basing, have been dipped and varnished.

The figures on the rights have been dipped but not varnished.

You can judge for yourself, but I’m quite pleased and think I will use this method for speed painting WW2 guys going forward.

Comments

dvdstr said…
Excellent! They look really good Liam! Great what that dip can do.
Understand your comment about lack of time completely.
Favourite John Lennon quote - 'Life is what happens to you while you're planning other things'!
Dave S